Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby.






Five years ago today, I was in the hospital, recovering from a c section, and holding a beautiful little girl. Well,ok, not holding, since I had anestesia, I was not aloud to have her by my self for 24 hours, incase something happened. BUT, she was in her isolet, next to my bed, until the nurses wheeled her away. I remember feeling blessed and overwelmed over having a girl. Would I ever live up to being a good mom? Would she like the same things as me? would we get along? Would I botch things up beyond repair? I was good with having a boy, they are a easier breed when they are little. I thanksed my lucky stars after a difficult pregnancy that she arrived, all 7lb 5oz of her, perfect, formed and healthy. We fell into a routine rather quickly, although I thought she would never sleep through the night, it took her until 4 1/2 months to hit 12 lbs. It all worked out just fine. :)
Five years later. man, they went by in a blink. Today I have a little girl with attitude in spades and independance enough for a small country. There is something that melts my heart, everytime I hear it. It's when she calls me Mama. I don't know where she picked that up from, Alex and Etahn do not call me Mama. Dana doesn't call me Mama (excpet if it is hot mama, and that is NEVER in front of the kids lol, I know, I know TMI.) Mama, I scrap wit jew? mama, I love you. Mama, I need hep. Mama, I stamp wit jew? Mama, I can do-it-my-slef! (there is the independent streak) Mama, am I a princen? (princess) Mama, I'm a badadina. (ballerina)~sigh.
mama, you're the BEST cooker, EVER! (only when I cook plain pasta noodles for her, no sauce no meatballs- in that order)
Don't get me wrong, there are day when I would like to pull out every strand of my hair, one by one, but not always. I think that comes with being a mom.
Today, I made her a cake-pink. her favorite color. Then I frosted it purple.(her other favorite color) thought you might like to see her cake- it was Dana's idea to put on 36 candles. And just for the record, I forgot the ice cream for this too!!!

6 comments:

Pam's Pride said...

Happy birthday Kimberly!!!

She looks so much older than 5!!

stuffie said...

she's 5, going on about 30.

Carrie said...

Aww! Looks like a lovely cake! I bet she enjoyed it! Happy Birthday again!

Just Me said...

Happy Birthday, Kimberly!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kimberly, your mama is a good girl.

Love, Gram

Alison H said...

Happy birthday Kimberly!